Saturday, December 26, 2009

PHASE 3!!

These are the current phases of Bailey life :) In preparation, there are certain things that I'd like to have mostly taken care of before Boy gets here.

Phase one started about two-ish and a half months ago. Bailey got to move into a big girl bed from her crib. It took weeks, which we really kind of expected. Because Bailey and Bryndee will be sharing a room, we moved one of the bunk beds into Bailey's room so she could get used to it without the constant help of her big sister. Bailey just likes certain things about her life and we try not to mess around with those things. Unfortunately, she loved her crib and it was necessary to take that from her.

Phase two is still a work in progress. The binky. I feel, though, that we are currently between a rock and a hard place. She's sick and it brings her so much comfort that we just can't bring ourselves to take it from her. Usually, it's easy to take things like that once you make up your mind (right? That's what people keep telling me!), but I'm not finding that in her case. It's horrible, and so we're working on it slowly. But right now we are slipping back into old bad habits. I'll keep you posted on that.

This is phase three:



My time line (ha ha ha!) required that the girls moved in together right after Christmas so we could have a while to get used to them taking six hours to go to bed :) So today was the day! Bailey did take a short nap in "her room" but it was VERY short because she was woken up by an awful coughing fit. I'll, also, keep you all posted on how we do here. Please wish us luck . . . I think we're going to need it!!!

6 comments:

Amy J said...

I am impressed with the "phases" you have before baby boy gets here. I am with you on the binkie. Sam still takes his when going to bed, and most of the day today since he is sick again too. Good job on the moving of the beds. Good luck!

Emily said...

I hope Bailey feels better soon! Good luck with the sharing a room and actually going to bed thing. I wish I had some advice but since I had the brilliant idea to put my boys in the same room a year ago, bedtime has become party-and-push-mom's-buttons time.

Darren Johnson Family said...

good luck!

Laura said...

Looks like good progress. I am too afraid to put my boys in bunk beds. Logan likes to jump "way high" off of everything, so I can only imagine what could happen if I put a buck bed in his room. Boys are crazy :).

Alicia said...

Good luck! I am trying to get Brooklyn to stop sucking her 2 fingers. I love your girls bunkbed...where dd you get it?

Wilkins Family said...

Our Christmas break was too short. That was fun to hang out for a couple of days. We miss you guys.