Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Perpetual Saturday

One of the "perks" of Tyler's job is that he gets tons of comp time. Not saying in any way that he doesn't EARN that comp time, because let me tell you: He earns every minute. But now that it's the end of the year and only a certain amount of time rolls from year to year, he's had a "use it or lose it" decision. He decided, because he's so smart!, to use it. So we've been lucky enough to have him around for a few weeks pretty much full time. So it's kind of felt like every day is Saturday. It's funny how much you forget in marriage just how much you love your spouse. I do love him, and have just loved having him around every minute. And if I have loved it, you can only imagine just how much his girls have LOVED it!! Bailey has pretty much shunned me for the last three weeks. Literally. Every single thing whether it's changing her diaper, wiping her snotty nose, snuggling, ANYTHING, she exclaims "NO! Daddy do it." I kind of started to get a little complex, but now I'm sad that it's going to end. She doesn't wig out if he's not around to do it, but if he is . . . oh, boy, stand back. Dad needs to take care of it.


So today is the last real Saturday we have with Tyler. He has to go back to the mighty work force on Monday. He's been so awesome at home! Yesterday I had quite the bout with false labor. I remember it quite well with Bailey, so I wasn't really worried (as I'm only 32 weeks) but it's SO annoying to have so many contractions for so long knowing full well that you're just having a bad day. But Tyler totally took over the girls and let me just relax. Today is the same. I'm just home not quite knowing exactly what to do with myself because Tyler took both girls with him up to Salt Lake to help his mom pick up some stuff. I love this man.

1 comments:

Shay said...

That's great! Brad also took some time off and I have loved it! Monday might be a little crazy just trying to get use to him being at work again.