Saturday, December 5, 2009

Why not today?

I have finally accepted reality. We have a baby coming in less than 3 months and it's probably time for Bailey to give up her binkie. I will miss these silly things, perhaps even more than Bailey will, but it doesn't change the fact: It's time. So this morning . . . this happened. All the binkies I could find were rounded up and "broken."


Bailey isn't sad about it yet. She just stares at them and says over and over "What happened? They're broken!" I couldn't decide which was more important, moving her into Bryn's room first, or just going cold turkey with the binkie now. I guess the binkie won (or lost, depending on how you look at it).



There are a few still in hiding. Bailey has pretty much mastered the binkie hiding. But as soon as they are discovered, they will be swiftly dealt with (I think there are three more to find).

It's gonna be a good day, Tater!

Oh, and Bailey has randomly started to count. She gets to eleven and then goes back to eight; up to eleven and back to eight. It's awesome!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Oh poor girl, I am sure she will be fine. I remember cutting Alan's binkies. He did so well and I totally think "just do it" is the best approach when it comes to kids.
On another note Wow that new little baby of yours is really coming along. 86 days to go?! I bet you feel like that is too many, but man time passes quickly.

Shayleen Lunt said...

Ha! That is exactly what I did with Olivia too. Broken Binkies. She accepted it fine. I think we had two "rough" nights and then it was great! Good luck with it all!

lance said...

I love the look on Baileys face. ya Gotta love the girl.

Natalie said...

What a cute girl!

Alyssa said...

OH, I dread this day for Callie. . it's coming up all too soon! I want to see you before we move!

Tina said...

Congrats on the milestone. I just love her face in this picture. She looks confused. Poor thing. What has the world come to?