
I know it's totally cliche, but I really am sick and tired of being sick and tired :) Last Friday Bryndee woke up completely not hungry, which isn't something new. She didn't eat breakfast and I was unhappy with her . . . but she still went to school without eating. After school, she had piano lessons and I thought to myself "Bryndee looks a little pale." Totally brushing that off, I figured that once she came home and had some lunch, she would perk up and be fine. Piano lessons went fine and she did very well. So we came home and she wouldn't eat lunch and just planted herself on the couch. Not normal. I sat down next to her and felt her face . . . fever. By Saturday morning/afternoon she seemed to be fine, and she had no other symptoms. Saturday night, however, Tyler and I took off to a Christmas party for the rec and Debbie (I'm so sorry, Debbie) took the girls. Bryndee sounded AWFUL by the time I got there to pick them up. Saturday night wasn't a great one. She had croup. Sunday we started medication, but let me tell you, this is no normal case of croup. Bryndee has gotten this particular winter illness at least once a year since she was born. I don't think that I have ever been so nervous about her. She sounded awful by six or seven in the evening, instead of the normal 2 a.m. showing, and she just laid on the couch not wanting to move or eat. Poor girl. Tuesday Bailey started to show symptoms so we took her right into the doc's for a shot of steroids or whatever it is. No oral anything for her. Here we are 8 days later, and they are finally starting to recover. Bailey is a little snot rocket, as am I. I came down with this cool cold about Thursday, so Bailey and I are quite a pair . . . red noses and all. But Bryndee is just about there, just a lingering cough that I can't do much about.
To make the week even better, basketball season started for Tyler. That means the poor guy has been working 12-14 hour days all day, and not sleeping at night because all of us are sick (which means I'm more grouchy than my normal pregnant state). I'm so so nervous that his immune system is going to break at some point because I know he's exhausted. Right now he's off doing service projects with the ward for our ward Christmas party. He's basically the best!!
So . . . that's where we are. I do have to say, that at this rate we will all be well by Christmas, and for that, I'm SOO grateful. We will attempt to go to church tomorrow and I hope that the girls will not couch too much :) I love feeling like I'm contaminating the world. Oh, well, I guess it's the season!
3 comments:
im sorry u guys r sick. no fun. i think my congestion just has to do with the weather (n being prego) but i understand bc my nose is not happy either. we missed u chicas at the ward party. feel better!
Dang croup. Christy got it as a baby and always got it (and still does) every time the weather changes from fall to winter. Skyler is following the same trend. So we are there with ya (although we got it over with a few weeks ago). I hope you guys are all better now and have a great Christmas. I will see you in January!
Post a Comment