Monday, March 2, 2009

The Open House



On Saturday we had the chance to go to the Draper Temple open house.  We decided (THANKFULLY) to leave Bailey with my mom and just take Bryndee up with us.  It's amazing, of course!  We also had Debbie (my mother-in-law) and Cody (Bryndee's cousin) with us.  It was quite the ordeal . . . and I can only imagine how eventful it would have been on a busy night.  It took us two hours from getting out of the car to getting back in the car and we never waited more than a minute or two in any spot (another reason I'm glad we didn't have Bailey . . . plus, watching all the other parents with little ones struggling).  They had us go to a chapel where we watched a movie and then waited for the bus.  We talked all week with Bryndee about going to the temple and I think that she was expecting something a little more Disneyland-ish, especially because we watched a movie.  The bus drops you off at the entrance to the tent/walkway, so I can imagine how great that setup is on cold days.  After walking through there for a minute Bryndee kind of paused and said "Um, Mom . . . I'm sorry, but I just don't think it's that pretty."  It was SO funny.  We actually got inside the temple after another minute or so of walking and she was impressed :)

I just have to say that the Church did a bang up job start to finish.  I can't believe how well organized it all was.  I know that they are so used to ushering large crowds . . . but I was WOWed.  Not to mention how beautiful that temple is.  I highly recommend going if you haven't and are able to.  It's more than worth an evening out to be there!

3 comments:

Kelli @ The Loss Cause said...

I'm glad you got to see that temple. I was so looking forward to having it only a mile from my house (before we moved, obviously).

kimmers said...

So Dave and I are dating, just nothing super official right now. It's funny cause we might as well be, but don't see a reason to rush anything. I really like him and he's totally awesome. We'll see how it goes ... I guess you can just stay tuned to my blog to see if I keep talking about him! :)

Amber said...

Ha ha ha!! I love that little girl, im begining to think that preschool is going to be extremly dull next year:( The temple is so awesome huh! Loved it!!