Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Stair Master



Bailey's fav new place to hang out?  The stairs.  And she is HILARIOUS while she is going up.  She has this high pitched squeal/scream/laugh that clues me into the fact that I should hustle over and help her get back down.  


She had her first tumble down about five stairs last night, but again, hilarious about it.  I was nervous because I saw her go down head first, I thought for sure that she would be hurt.  She was a bit dazed but when I tried (in vain) to snuggle her better she completely freaked out and want to go play with Bryndee (who is no help in keeping Bailey occupied elsewhere).  Bryndee has also, amazingly, taken a fascination with the stairs and encourages Bailey to climb up.  Very fun.

I'm trying to restrain myself from purchasing a baby gate to help in the cause.  I do know that if we make it through the next couple of weeks, she'll have mastered going up AND down, but in the mean time, it's a lot more hovering than I am used to, but I'll do it, I guess.  And if not, we'll have a baby gate . . . but then the other quandary, if we have one at the bottom, do we get one for the top, too?  Well, there you have it, stair fun at the Wilkins :)

Questions?  Comments?  Concerns?  I know that we did this with Bryndee without the use of a baby gate, but I don't remember being so concerned about it.  Really, if you have advise, please dish.

0 comments: