Okay, Bailey is almost one now and yesterday Tyler decided to take the day off. Why not go to the mall and get free pics done of Bailey for her big one year old girl picture, right? And just to start off, I called to make an appointment, because getting into Kiddie Kandids now with one is nearly impossible. So I call 58 times before someone picks up, whatever. The girl on the phone was quite helpful and let me know that they were COMPLETELY open from one until six. Having set up no time line with Tyler, I default to a three o'clock appointment thinking if we got there early, no biggie. So off we went to the mall as a cute little family.
We made a quick pit stop at the good old Holy Cow Boutique currently going on at the old PG rec to buy a cute headband for Bailey (poor girl has never had to wear one . . . not sure why I thought she would enjoy it now). We found the CUTEST little headband that matched the dress I brought for her and we were really off.
At the mall, we suddenly decided that maybe Bryndee should need to be in one picture with Bailey . . . they will at some point be best friends, you know :) So we tried to find them semi-matching outfits. Ridiculous. We went to like 8 different places, and Tyler and I couldn't really agree on anything. We could, however, agree on the fact that we like almost all of the clothes at The Gap, but also agreed that we did not like the prices found on the clothes at The Gap. After an hour or so of shopping, we went BACK to The Gap and spent an unmentionable amount of money on two outfits that the girls will wear every day for the next six months. But they are awfully cute.
We found ourselves at Kiddie Kandids only 45 minutes early, not too bad. The guy there then informed us that we could make an appoint for four o'clock. Glad I made our appointment for three. At this point, though, Bailey was getting hungry and I feared that our window of opportunity had closed . . . but maybe with a little luck and a bottle, we could stretch it out a mere hour. Luck was on our side, or so it seemed :) 45 minutes, some yummy pretzels bites, and a bottle later, we were back at Kiddie Kandids with two very happy and adorable looking children.
Well, that #&%@ window had slammed closed again after sitting there waiting for 35 MORE minutes waiting to be helped. Appointment? Care to tell me why the bother of "a time frame." After 45 minutes and two photographers, this is about the face they got:
Wait, I don't think that she was that happy while we were there. They snapped ONE shot, and Bryndee looked . . . three sheets to the wind. We left. No free 8x10 . . . but oh, the memories of that day. And poor little Bailey didn't even make it to the car before she was asleep in Daddy's arms. Why couldn't she have fallen asleep there? I would have taken that!!!
THANKS KIDDIE KANDIDS :)



2 comments:
Oh my goodness. That so happened to us when Jacob was only a month old. We waited FOREVER!!! And by the end of the time, Cloey's hair was all messed up and Jacob had no energy left to even look at the camera. I have to say that here in Texas, Kiddie Kandids has NO waiting line and it is so easy. Memories? I'll take no waiting in line thank you very much!!
what a day. I love the pictures you got insyead! much better quality and personality!
Post a Comment