Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Blanket Saga

I have made a blanket for each of my children when they were born. Bailey, however, is the only one who has really cared about her blanket. If you are in my ward and knew us back when she was a toddler, you can attest to the fact that we had that blanket with us at all times, even at church. She could have been dressed in the cutest outfit in the world, and still been toting around a faded (and usually dirty) blanket. But she loved it. Until she lost it. Seriously, how do you lose a blanket? I'm still not sure, but she managed it when she was maybe almost three years old. It was a sad day.


(This is a pic of the lost blanket)

So finally this summer I made her a new blanket. Granted, it's just a raggy and it only took me maybe a day and a half to make instead of the weeks it took on the last one, but it was a new one. Enough for her.

SO, the good part of the story. We went to Lake Powell last week (which I promise I'll post about soon with pics) and so I was pulling out all of our camping gear. There's not much to pull out, so it only took five minutes :) Anyway, I was getting the storage bags for the sleeping bags out and BOOM, out falls Mr. Blanket. Yep, two years later, here it is in all it's lost glory. Bailey, needless to say, was THRILLED. She wouldn't even take her new blanket to Powell (which I wasn't sad about with all that stains-everything red sand!!)!



Here's a side by side. The old blanket on the right seriously used to be very vibrant, and yes, those are ink stains.



So much for the new Mr. Blanket. Well, she really uses both of them now, so I feel good about her having two to chose from. Now I just need to make Bryndee a new one so that she'll feel oh-so-special as well. But I still can't believe that blanket was out in the garage all this time! Crazy.

0 comments: