Thursday, February 19, 2009

And she peed.


Bailey is funny about the potty.  She just really likes it and loves to be involved.  If any of us are using the bathroom, she needs to be in there with us sitting on the little stool we keep in there.  Sometimes, when I am changing her diaper I will take her in the bathroom and let her sit on the toilet for minute.  She really thinks it's so funny.

Today I took Bailey upstairs to change her bum and I found out that she was poopy.  I was unaware of this, so I wasn't sure if she was done or not.  So, I thought, you know, maybe the luck of the universe was with me and if I sat her on the toilet she would finish pooping there.  Not that lucky, friends, but she totally peed.  It was awesome.  She got this funny look on her face and looked down to investigate what just happened.  I started to laugh and told her good job and then it was funny to her, too.  I guess, hopefully, at sixteen months, we'll have a go and see if she wants to potty train?  I really have no clue.  Bryndee was 2 1/2 when we started . . . almost 3 by the time she was good in underwear all the time.  But sixteen months?!?!

Suggestions?  Comments?  Tell me everything.

3 comments:

Shelly said...

The joys of potty training! That's so good for her though...I stay stick with it if she's interested...Lexie was fasinated with all things potty too and she trained by like 22 months...so yeah 16 is early but hey that much closer to NO DIAPERS!! Its totally worth it! :)

Emily said...

If she's interested and has control over it, go for it. If you think it was just a fluke thing, maybe wait a little longer just for your own sanity. I obviously know nothing about potty training girls but I know my SIL potty trained herself at 18 months. Why can't boys be so easy?!

Shayleen Lunt said...

I don't have any good advise like the last commenters...Mine is YOU ARE BRAVE and Best of luck!