Friday, November 28, 2008

A (hopefully) Happy Ending

Yesterday was a great Thanksgiving here at the Wilkins household.  We had a pretty lazy morning (while Tyler was away playing in the Turkey Bowl) just hanging out.  So then it was time to start getting ready to go.  Tyler got home and was just wandering around with Daisy and they went out front.  Daisy suddenly goes into "I'm on the trail of something good" mode and takes off toward the bushes by our door.  And there was this (see pic below).


It's a tiny little guy that we couldn't very well just leave out in the cold and feel okay about ourselves.  So we brought it in (it was COMPLETELY freaking out the whole time ... guess it didn't like Daisy).  We gave it some milk, a blanket, and stuck it in the bathroom while we went off to eat.



When we got home the cat was still in one piece.  Still not liking our house, but okay.  It would snuggle for a few minutes, but just didn't want to be here.  What the heck are we supposed to do?  We couldn't just put it outside to die, but we are absolutely, positively NOT having a cat.  I clean up enough poop, I'm not adding cat feces.  No way, Jose!  Anyhoo, we finally put the cat back in the bathroom so it could calm down.  It took a swipe at Daisy, who was 100% devastated.  She pouted like no other animal I have ever seen.  I think she was hoping for a new friend.  Not so much.  After a few minutes of the cat in the bathroom, we heard meowing.  I got up to see if the cat was okay . . . but low and behold, the meowing was coming from outside.  THE MOM CAT WAS HERE TO COLLECT ITS BABY!!!  I ran into the bathroom and grabbed the little dude and put him outside.  He immediately ran to his mom and off they went.  All's well that ends well, right?  I sure hope that they are okay, but I hope upon hope that I never see them again.  Happy Turkey Day!!

2 comments:

The Beals said...

Ohhhhh Friend!! Did you not read my post!! That was a close call! DON'T FEED STRAY ANIMALS!!! Its a good thing that mama cat came to collect her fur ball... or i'm afraid there would have been a new resident at the Wilkins home!

Jenni B said...

What a funny story! The mom was probably dropping him off for you to babysit while she enjoyed a thanksgiving feast. :)

Pop on over to my blog to enter my first giveaway!!

Jenni B