Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What do I say?

Today we stopped at Macey's for two reasons.  One, to get stuff for Frog Eye salad tomorrow.  Second, to get ice cream, of course :)  As we were walking home we were behind an interesting pair.  It was a guy and girl.  The guy was super tall and really lanky with hair past his shoulders in dread locks.  The girls was African American and had on an interesting hat.  So as we are JUST behind them, Bryndee pops off with "Mom, his hair is weird and yucky."  What do I say?  Nothing.  I'm in shock and have no clue what to say.  Then she starts talking about when she was a baby with brown skin, blah, blah, blah.  Oh boy, I felt stupid.  And, of course, I can't think of the right, or nice thing to say in the moment.  Hm.  Do we, as moms, need to think of any embarrassing moment that the future may throw at us so we will be prepared in the moment?  I have no clue, but I suppose I'll have something to say if this EXACT situation ever happens again (hopefully, there won't be a next time...).


1 comments:

Emily said...

I would have died. Bryndee must always keep you entertained.