Thursday, August 7, 2008

Lessons I've learned in '08

I've never been much of a "New Year's Resolution" kind of girl, but this year I thought that I would give a whirl.  It's more of a life long quest, I suppose, but I called it my New Year Resolution.  I remembered that last year (in 2007) I think that I wasn't a nice person.  Not really fun to hang with (not that I'm that much better now), and not really a lifting presence, more of the opposite.  So I decided that this year, I would strive to be a nicer, better person.  Thanks for hanging in there with me, friends!!!  


I've been reflecting the last few days about my year so far.  I really think that I've learned a few good things that will, hopefully, last me my life through, and serve to help me in my goal to be better.  So here's a little list-ee I've come up with:

1.  Bryndee doesn't like to play 4 year old tee-ball.
2.  Tyler doesn't like to coach 4 year old tee-ball.
3.  The scripture speak only when asked and read.
4.  Bailey learns at her pace, not mine.
5.  I really do like to run.
6.  The Spirit truly is the Comforter.
7.  Whom the Lord calls, He qualifies (and spouses, too).
8.  Soccer is definitely funnest for Bryndee and Tyler when it's just the two of them in the backyard. 
9.  If you ignore bills, they don't go away . . . it's true that they can get worse!
10.  I'll always miss Tyler's dad, even though I only knew him a year and a half.
11.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is TOTALLY true.
12.  President Monson is a stellar guy.
13.  My mission was to serve others, but helped me the most and the memories will serve my whole life.
14.  I love my girls more than life itself, but Tyler should come first.
15.  The Savior is one of my best friends.
16.  I stink when I sweat.
17.  Swimming lessons totally rock.
18.  My girls are smarter than I realize, and often, they use that to their advantage.

I could go on, but these things have been the most inspirational lately.  I'm sure you'll get another list at the end of the year :)

1 comments:

Tina said...

Natalie, You are an amazing person and I've always enjoyed the memories we had together. Whenever I think of EEI I think of you, Scotty and myself always at work and always having fun together. I loved your list. It makes me want to come up with one for myself. The first step to becoming a better person is first recognizing that you need to become better. WAY TO GO!!!!