Sunday, October 11, 2009

A couple of things

Yesterday I learned something interesting, and something rather important. I know, right? In the SAME DAY?!?! Well, I thought I would share these facts with the world :)


Something interesting: We decided yesterday would be a great day to drive up the canyon and look at the leaves, thinking now would be a great time for that. I heard on the radio a week or so ago that the leaves would almost completely skip changing colors because of how fast the temperature plummeted. I certainly didn't think of THAT fact before we left! Well, let me tell you friends, if you want to see red and gold leaves, don't drive up the canyon. It was still a beautiful drive, don't get me wrong, but mostly just dead brown instead of beautiful normal fall colors. There are a few nice trees, but the vast majority are already bare. Your best bet? Stay around here and wait for these leaves to change :)

Something rather important: It's really only important to Tyler and me, and perhaps those that will be driving Bryndee around, especially up the canyon. Bryndee can get car sick. And quickly. She was just having a great time watching a movie in the back of the van, and suddenly I heard her cough . . . her pre-puke cough. I turned around to see a green-faced Bryndee ready to spew. Nope, no time to stop the car (not to mention, no where to pull over on that narrow road clear at the top of the loop). Luckily, she had been complaining that she was hungry, so there wasn't much in her belly. I'll spare you any further detail!

We did have a good time, other than the puking. We stopped at Costco on our way home and also ate at Five Guys Burgers and Fries. Delicious food, there!! Bryndee ate with no ill effects of the previous incident! The car seat was cleaned immediately upon arrival at Debbie's house. Mmmm . . . cleaning up puke is one of the most endearing events of motherhood, I think. How much we love our little ones. Yesterday is a day I absolutely won't soon forget!

0 comments: