Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Look at the monkeys!!

Lately, Bailey has this funny thing. EVERYWHERE we go, at some random point, she will point at the ceiling and say "There's a monkey up there!" And then generally follows up that comment with "It's going to bite me!" She just laughs, and I have to say, I laugh, too, and completely encourage it by always pinching her belly like a monkey is biting her. I think it's hilarious!!


It totally reminds me of Bryndee a couple of years ago and her funny things. She used to have an alter-ego named Zizzy. I may have mentioned it before. But Bryn has a VERY active imagination (she still does, I constantly am told things to say or do and then she says "Just in the game, Mom." and then I know that we're playing pretend) and would several times a day let me know that she wasn't Bryndee, she was Zizzy. So, Zizzy was my daughter, Bryndee's, friend that called me Natalie (which I didn't love, but tolerated for Zizzy's sake because she wasn't really my child) and we played often. I'm not sure when that passed, but I kind of miss it. Zizzy wasn't really a concern to me, but her Primary teachers were quite worried for me. Zizzy let them know that she was abused and didn't have any parents. I laughed, but they didn't find any humor in it. Just typing this, I totally have to giggle to myself. Bryndee is such a cute girl.

It may just be that having kids changes you, but I like to think that I would think these quirks were just as funny and adorable if I didn't have my own that acted, occasionally, like I beat them in the face with wood (that was also Bryndee, thank heavens we knew her preschool teachers REALLY well) or that there are constantly monkeys on the ceiling that are going to come and bite them. So dang cute!!

3 comments:

Darren Johnson said...

Hey Waddy, I heard that Bryndee saved your life by immobilizing Ty.

Smiler said...

I never wrote the book title down for you so I thought I'd just leave it here. It's called 'Hypnobirthing The Mongan Method' by Marie F. Mongan (3rd Edition). The CD that comes with it helped me relax so much during the day. It sounds so corny the first 5 times you listen to it but then I really grew to love it. You'll just have to find what works for you.

Natalie said...

Nat,
Hey! It's me Nat! I was blog hopping and stumbled upon your blog. Your family is sooo cute! How exciting that you are having a boy! We are too, very soon. Woohoo! My blog is private so if you want to email me at natalie_jepsen@hotmail.com I'll send you an invite. It's so good to see pictures of your family and hear what's going on in your life.
Love ya, Natalie (Scott) Jepsen