Officially, almost a month ago, Bailey turned two years old. I can hardly believe it. But, believe it I must, only because of my current condition! Oh, my baby!

From the day that Bailey was born, she's been quite the strong, dominant personality. I suppose it began before the day she was born, she never stayed still even in my belly. I constantly looked like I had an alien trying to escape from my belly because she never slowed down. She still hasn't.
But boy, is this one happy girl. And quite the little actress. It still amazes me how fast she go from tears to laughing or vice versa when trying to get something that she really wants. And it works almost every time. We can't resist her cuteness factor. She brings on the heat and you have to melt. There is no other option.
She really is quite shy. It takes her quite awhile to warm up to someone, but once you're in, you're in like flin, as they say :) At any public place we frequent people constantly tell me how quiet and mild mannered Bailey is . . . I try to tell them to just come hang out at our house for a day, and they'd see quite a different Bailey. But I do appreciate how timid she is. It's beginning to wear off, I'm afraid and I'm so incredibly grateful for the Southern sisters that sit with me every single week in Sacrament Meeting. They save my life! And probably the lives of both the girls!
Bailey adores Bryndee about more than Bryn can handle. She wants to be, act, and talk like Bryndee in every way. ALMOST all the time, that is. There are times that she just prefers to be left alone, though. And she's so so different in the mornings when Bryndee is at school, like part of her is missing. She always needs her backpack, though, as if she were also at or going to school.
Bailey loves Daisy. As a friend, as a stepping stool, as a chair, as a pillow . . . Their friendship knows no bounds and most of the time Daisy doesn't seem to mind.
She is SUCH a happy little thing. I love her full lips, they make you want to kiss them. She definitely has Tyler's lips, lucky girl!!!
She is snuggly little thing. Bryndee never really was into snuggling until Bailey was around. Bailey, however, loves to be held. She loves to hang out on the couch or on my bed and watch cartoons. And when it's bed time, you can bet she's running as fast as possible to find Dad and saying to me (while running) "I snuggle Daddy. I snuggle Daddy." Most of the time, she will even just lie down with him and the both of them drift off to sleep. It's something Tyler can rarely muster the courage to say no to!
How we love our little Bailey. She's just a parrot that follows you around and mimics every single thing that you say. Some of my favorites are "Oh, cool." She says it like she's 15. "Bummer." "Oh my!" The other morning after a night of no sleep she came up to me with her hands pulling down on her cheeks and said "Mommy, I SOOOOO tired!" I told her I was, too. But there was no nap for us :)
She's amazingly smart. You can already reason with her and she understands. If she doesn't want to do something, you can offer her something (something good, mind you) and she'll willingly do whatever she just committed to NOT doing. And she has gorgeous eyes. They are a color of hazel I've never seen. This picture of her at three weeks is about the clearest you can see the color. They are beautiful!
She's now in a big girl bed and finally adjusting to it. She just really loved her crib, but because of time restraints, she was moved out early. She is excited (I think) about having a "baby bwuddo" in the house. She speaks of him just like we do. I suppose we'll see exactly what she thinks of him here in 4ish months.
I can't imagine life without our sweet girl. I'm thrilled with who she is, how she is . . . just everything about her. What a girl!!




.jpg)
.jpg)




2 comments:
Ahh... happy birthday Bailey.
I loved this post Natalie! I love reminiscing about my kids too and all the pictures were oh so sweet. I LOVE her eyes in that 3 week picture and hearing about her personality makes me feel like I know her. What a cute little girl you have Nat. Enjoy her before her "baby bwuddo" comes.
Post a Comment