Sunday, October 11, 2009

Five months and going strong!

So I'm five months pregnant. Whew! Five more to go, right? (Whoever said pregnancy is only nine months is kind of a jerk. It's ten.) So here's the skinny on my little boy.


He's good to his mommy. I feel good 90% of the time. The other 10% I mostly have indigestion or am just plain exhausted.

I have only gotten heartburn a couple of times . . . HALLELUJAH! It's kind of amazing because with the girls, all it took almost the entire pregnancy was a glass of water and I'd be up all night.

I felt him move more today than EVER! He was just a wiggly one the entire hour of Relief Society. I have forgotten how amazing it is to feel that little baby. I wish that I could share it with someone, but alas, little Wilkins and I must have this time alone. Even as I am typing this, he is just a movin' away! But I suppose he should get active while there still room to wiggle!

I can sleep! Well, for the most part, so far. It's great when Tyler sleeps through the night so I do, too. And I can nap for an entire hour and still sleep that night. Also, a HUGE first for me.

The Braxton Hicks contractions are awesome. Yep, I complained during my pregnancy with Bailey when they started around 24 weeks, but these bad boys started last week . . . 19 weeks for this pregnancy. I, again, have forgotten, that these things are not comfortable.

My weight gaining . . . well, has been incredibly successful. So for any of you out there currently losing weight, I'm finding EVERY ounce you lose. So thank you.

Time is FLYING by. I can't believe that I'm already half way there. That is thrilling, and amazing, and terrific, while making me crazy with panic. I can see that March 1st is going to come way too soon. I have far too much to do and my back can't seem to take enough to let me get it all done. Silly back anyway . . . who needs it :)

Well, those are the high points thus far . . . other than finding out I can say "I'm having a boy." Yes, I'm still excited and TERRIFIED to have a boy. There are just certain reasons that I would have been happy with three girls, but I'm completely thrilled to have a son. How could I not be? 20 weeks down . . .

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so sad about the canyon...we completelymissed it too. Oh well.
Glad this pregnancy is going so well!! Boys really are TONS of fun!! You will have a blast with a little man around the house. :) Let's get together soon!

Brittany said...

We were lucky and made it up the canyon a few weeks ago and got to see the leaves, its too bad they went so fast this year! They were pretty if that helps! :)

Glad to hear you are doing so well with this pregnancy! I have decided little boys are nicer than little girls during pregnancy. Ryker was for me! And they are a lot of fun too!

Tina said...

Thank you for sparing the details of the canyon drive while I'm sitting here eating cinnamon bears! I appreciate it!

Yea for a healthy pregnancy. I love being pregnant (not that I am now...) and I think I'll cry when I know my time is up and not able to have more.