Wednesday, May 7, 2008

I'm sorry, did you just say 4 shots?



Today was one of those wonderful "well child" check ups at the doctors office.  It's nice that at least I could take both girls in at the same time.  Bryndee, of course, is tall for her age, and Bailey, on the other hand, is a little short, but definitely round enough.  They both did exceptionally well, that is until time for shots.  I asked Bryndee if she wanted to go first, or have Bailey go first and THANKFULLY she volunteered to go before Bailey.  I warned her that it would take awhile for Bailey's turn because she had to have four shots to Bryndee one shot.  I'm glad she said that she would go first so that she really wouldn't know what was coming.  Good, good.  I'm happy to report that she didn't cry, and barely even flinched.  Bailey was another story.  She was irate.  Completely.  She was so mad, in fact, that she wadded up the shoulder of my shirt and shoved it in her mouth so she could bite on it and scream (it's really how she displays her upset emotion).  Her poor little thighs were like awful fleshy pin cushions.  I hate that.  But it's over now and at nine months, my doctor assured me, they only get one shot.

On a better note, today is the day.  Bailey's been teetering on her side for weeks now just shy of making it over her little arm and on to her belly.  Sorry, Sara, for screaming in your ear on the phone, but today Bailey made it over "the hump".  She is quite proud of herself and rolling every second.  What a big girl, and I don't just mean tubby, although I'm quite glad that she's that, too.  What's next, lower the crib mattress?  CRAWLING?  I can hardly stand it.  

0 comments: