Saturday, May 3, 2008

Bryndee's Birthday Bash

Tyler and I decided a few weeks ago that this weekend, although not really Bryndee's birthday yet, would be a good weekend to have her birthday party.  We thought since we weren't sure what the recreation situation would be next year, we should take advantage of Tyler's working there and have a fun place for free!   So off we went to the rec for her party.



Bryndee is, for the most part, a really easy going, agreeable girl so it's pretty easy to plan things that she will like, as long as people she likes come along.  I think that all of her cousins made it out this year to celebrate along with us.  Tyler found a fun pinata that you don't actually have to hit with something hard (but we really like other people to do that and video tape it so we can catch it on Sunday nights on AFV :).  It just has a bunch of strings that the kids pull one at a time and one of them pulls out the bottom.  It was pretty cool.



Over the last month we've asked Bryndee a million times what she wants for her birthday.  She kept giving us the same answer (the Butterscotch horse that responds to you . . . not something we need in this house) but we finally got her thinking about getting a bike.  So then she was just sure that's what she was getting.  But all day yesterday I kept telling her that we couldn't get her anything and that maybe someone else would get her a present.  I told her at some point that maybe we could buy her new socks . . . mean, I know.  She got a little teary, but didn't throw a fit about it.

After she finished opening the spoils that she got from everyone else, I have her the new bike helmet that we got to match the bike.  Tyler told me before we bought it that it would be too small, but I sure didn't believe him.  I did, however, believe him after I tried to fit it on her head and it really WAS too small.  Sorry, honey, my bad!!  So she was excited just to wear the helmet . . . 



When she saw Tyler rolling the bike in, she held her little arms up like she had just kicked a field goal in football and WOO-HOOed.  It was adorable.  She spent most of the rest of the night at the rec on the new bike, only falling off once and then she was mad that I picked her up b/c she just really wanted to get back on.  That's my girl!!!

We did rap it up relatively early seeing as how there was a Jazz game on, which I'm happy to report that our birthday party didn't interfere too much with.  The Jazz nearly lost a couple of times, but finally took the series from the Rockets in game 6.  I guess that's a good thing, since I'm going to get to watch the rest of the Playoffs, I at least hope that I get to watch someone I like :)  At least for one more series!

All day today Bryndee just wanted to ride her bike, ride her bike, ride her bike.  We did get to unwrap all the other toys she got, which is SO fun on kid toys.  If it takes me 30 minutes to unwrap a toy using a pair of scissors . . . isn't there something wrong with that?  Anyhoo, it was a VERY fun time and my little one is nearly four years old.  I don't think that it gets any easier . . . for anyone's birthdays.  She really is just getting cuter, and I guess it's for the best.  They can't stay babies too long.



One last adorable moment in our house that happened today.  Bryndee really is becoming quite the little mommy to Bailey (aside from dropping her, she now explains to me that she only holds Bailey on the couch WITH mommy, or Bailey falls on her head . . .).  Bailey's having a rough little time b/c she's teething.  Not so fun.  But they were laying on my bed together (where else could they be?) and Bailey was pretty upset, so Bryndee, in her most loving mommy way, grabbed her hand and continually patted and kissed it while she said "Oh, Darling, you're okay, we're home now and you're okay.  We wouldn't leave you, we're here."  Melt my heart!

1 comments:

Shayleen Lunt said...

Coming from a "bike" family...good birthday present pick! I think Bryndee and Olivia would be great friends...they aren't hard to please!