
I love to obsess over things. Most of the things that I obsess over are quite fleeting: making cards (which I like to do, I just don't like the mess that hangs around for so long), sewing (fabric is EXPENSIVE now!), scrap booking, blogging . . . the list goes on. But there are some things that are a constant for me to obsess over: Tyler (of course!), my children, and reading. I love to read. Love it. Love it. Lu-u-uv it! I lose major blocks of time to books. I love to get lost in a book. WELL, yesterday Bryndee found a book that's been floating around this house for almost a year now with no attention paid to it. She sat down next to me and just read. It's a longer chapter book and occasionally, she would even giggle just a little bit about what she was reading!!!! AHHHHHH! I can't even tell you how this little moment in my life warmed my heart! Every time I would look at her I could see her lips moving as she was reading to herself and I could see her little brain just a-workin' at it. Oh. Oh, oh, oh. If there is one thing I could pass to my children . . . honestly, reading probably wouldn't be number one, but it would definitely be pretty high on the list!! She makes me so darn proud!
On a side note, Boston has decided that he can climb the stairs. This is a major step (ha ha) for us all. It creates a necessary increase in my protective bubble around him, but he thinks he's a very clever boy. AND, he can now pull himself to standing on various pieces of furniture or our dog (which Daisy is probably his favorite climbing tool). He IS a very clever boy and it's fun to see him be so proud of himself. What a little man he is!
Oh, and I just wanted to document this so that I never forget: Boston is terribly ticklish. It's so cute. Changing his shirt, pulling off socks, whatever it is, it makes him giggle. The poor kid gets tickle-tortured too much every single minute. Even the girls are wise to his ticklish spots and they attack him. But his sensitivity goes into overdrive when he's tired. Oh boy, he laughs. Pretty much every single thing that touches him makes him laugh when he's ready for a nap. I love that about him!
3 comments:
You sound so happy Natalie! What wonderful kids you have. I would give anything to hear Boston giggle while you take off his sock. It sounds so adorable.
Love the moment reading with Bryndee too. I can't wait until Cloey can read and we can do that too.
I love that she loves to read! That's awesome. I too love it, and when Kelton gets on his reading spurts I get totally excited too. I think your example of reading in front of her helps too.
That is awesome that she can read so well already. Bryce recently discovered the stairs too. I the joy of trying to keep a clever baby safe.
I am doing a skirt giveaway on my Corner house blog. you should check it out. www.corner--house.blogspot.com
Post a Comment