Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wilkins-Style Campout!!



Bryndee has been begging for months to be able to sleep outside in a tent. Lucky for her, we are in possession of a tent. Not really for camping . . . seeing as how we get out camping maybe once every other year or so :) But we have one just in case. So Tyler finally caved and pulled it out for her. Both of the girls were thrilled, of course, to have this big fun new toy out in the backyard. Going in I was very firm in my "there's no way I'm sleeping out here with you two" attitude, but I was happy to hang out and watch Race To Witch Mountain on our old tiny TV that's been hanging out in the garage for just such an occasion. Bryndee made it about 20 minutes into the movie before crashing and Bailey was long gone, upstairs in her crib. Tyler and I finished out the movie alone and then I headed in. I'm happy to report they made it at least 25 minutes outside before coming in to sleep in comfy beds :) Bryndee had developed a nice little cough and the night air didn't do much in the way of soothing it and Tyler wasn't about to listen to that (not to mention the air conditioner three feet away) all night. But we still had some fun. And after a two hour movie, my hips let me know that I will be doing absolutely no camping for the duration of this pregnancy.



This is a random snapshot of the girls playing on the piano. Not having a conventional piano is fun for several reasons. A) You can turn it off completely. B) It comes with fun sounds like PERCUSSION and HARPSICHORD (two of my fav's). C) There's a nice little music feature that the girls like to dance to. There's a lot of other reasons, I'm sure, but those are most dominant to me right now :) Sometimes they play so well together . . . sometimes not. I just happen to catch this good moment. What else is life for, anyway?

1 comments:

Alicia Atwater said...

that is funny about the tent camping. So typical...Cameron inherited a tent from my dad and he had been begging for us to use it. we finally put it up in our unfinished basement for Wesley and Cameron to sleep in. Cameron made it about 5 minutes then said he was to scared to sleep downstairs. Wesley actually lasted the whole night...but I am pretty sure that he fell asleep before he could get scared.