I realize that it's Sunday morning, and I'm shirking my responsibilities of getting ready for church in order to sit and blog . . . oh, well. But I just had to share my morning nonsense. For some time now Tyler has been saying over and over and we need to get rid of Bailey's nasty little binky habit. I'm opposed simply because of the fact that she likes it, it usually makes bedtime easy, and she's not even two years old. Shouldn't we worry about this thing when she's like four and handle life without it? Well . . . today, as I was surfing the web trying to find something great to do to Bryn's hair, Bailey was throwing a massive, and I mean massive fit. I thought that she wanted more banana bread, but I told her no (after the way she massacred the first piece I gave her). The fit went on and on for about 10 minutes with me just ignoring her and I finally gave up. I got up to see exactly what she was looking at . . . it wasn't banana bread, friends, it was her binky and she couldn't reach it. All THAT over a binky. Oh, boy. Maybe 22 months is the time that the binky needs to say goodbye. I just don't know if I can handle life without it :)

On Friday I went to the doc's for my first appt. The big initial, welcome to pregnancy exam. So fun (PLEASE sense my sarcasm here!!). The highlight of this visit was when they couldn't hear the baby's heart beat. That's normal for me. My babies hide and can't usually be found for several months without an ultrasound machine. And so this was true at this visit. Anyhoo, here's our little jelly bean. She's an active one already. Glad I can't feel her bouncing around just yet :) Yes, I'm saying her, and will continue to say her until/if it's proven otherwise. I think that this is our last baby, so I have just one dilemma. Okay, more than just one, but one in-particular today. We currently have a Bryndee and a Bailey. So if this is really our last baby, do we need to stay with the "B" names, so baby #3 doesn't feel like an outcast? Or do we venture out and just ignore that two of our three kids names start with "B" and do whatever. I don't know. It seems REALLY lame now that I'm typing it out, but I'm sure you can sympathize. I don't know. Suggestions?



12 comments:
Go with a C name. That will give you B, C and D and should you decide to go for the #4 you can move down to A and so on and so forth. Or you can just name "HIM" what ever you want to I promise not to be offended.
Oh man, when Dexton turned 2 in June we told him his Binky was for night night only. For the most part it works but if we accidentally leave his Binky where he can see it during the day...yeah major melt down. I totally can see Dexton doing the exact same thing.
This is not lame at all. I think about 'letter's' of names all the time and I actually thought about this same thing for your #3 the other day. I was thinking, are the Wilkins going to do all B names? I am having the same dilemma because I really like the name Alivia if we have a girl but I like Brayden for a boy and so what if we have a boy next, should I think of another 'A' boy name or just stick with what I like? My family is Tanya, Tessa, Tyeanna and Josh. He has never feld like an outcast but then again he's the only boy so who knows. Your decision here. I'm sure whatever you choose will fit the child perfectly.
natalie you are so funny. i was just thinking about you guys last night (after i saw you running through the sprinklers) and wondered if you are going to go with another "B" name. i'm sure her name will be cute. :)
Hey Natalie - Think of Shonte's kid's names (Kylan, Kendra & Max). I seriously don't think that Max feels like an outcast. My vote - name "her" whatever.
I have to share with you what I did with Olivia's paci...
From 18 months, she only had her paci at night & naps. At about 23 months old, I pulled it out one day for a nap and it was BROKEN (I had clipped the nipple part off with scissors)! We talked about how sad it was, but that she was a big girl and could just throw it away since it was broken. She did and only had about one or two nights of wishing she had a paci...after that...PACI FREE!
I personally think you should name her Alicia...after the coolest person you know :).
I think that for your last kid you should name the baby whatever name you just love, love, love.
Good luck with the paci...i wish mine was only a problem with a paci. I have the dilemma of Wesley's thumb!...it really stinks!
I am so out of the loop with being gone on vacation and now being down for the count!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so excited for you and for the new addition in March. I was the first one pregnant/had my baby this year in my ward and so far there are about 16 others either pregnant or have had their baby by now. There are so many being born right now. So exciting!! Can't wait to hear what you name "her".
HE will love any name you give HIM sis! I knew you were pregnant, all the wispering gave it away the last time I saw you. Sure miss you guys, I hope you make it to the bday party so I can see you in a couple weeks.
yeah! I didn't know that you had a blog! Hey, sorry about not showing up to Debbie's that Saturday. We were going to try and make it but then got stuck in a 5 hour traffic jam/detour. Ugh! Anyway, please thank her for inviting us! It was so good to see you guys!
Name/Schmame
You're having like 10 kids, plenty of time to mix it up.
Congradulations! Jackson still has to have his sippy at night and he is three. I haven't attempt to take it away yet.
Post a Comment