Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!!

This Father's Day has been the strangest ever!  Good, but strange.  I have to start out by saying that I have the best husband out there.  Really.  He is such an amazing dad . . . more than I ever would have dared hope for.  I've never met such a devoted fun daddy to his two little girls, which really light up his life.  You can see it in his eyes when Bailey sees him and yells "HI, DADDY!"  It's one of the things she says the clearest.  He bathes, changes, feeds, puts to bed, helps get dressed, reads to, and loves his babies best.  I love him.  And I admire him so so much.

Also, my Grandpa has been sick for a bit now and finally made it to the other side tonight.  He was my favorite grandpa ever.  I remember as a child him putting on his organ music, putting me so I was walking on his feet and teaching me to waltz.  He loved to play, to listen to music, and most of all, he loved his beautiful girls :)  Whenever we would walk in the room he would say "How's the prettiest girl in town?"  I always knew that he loved me best . . . and I bet that my cousins would say the same.  He will be missed, and he is certainly loved.  As I sat in Sacrament Meeting today I felt a tremendous need to leave and go to his Nursing Home.  So I went during Sunday School (so sue me . . . I ditched!!) and went and said my final goodbye.  I love him.  

Then back home, my cute hubby was playing out back with our girls . . . of course!  AFTER making us some amazing barbecued chicken.  What a great horse/bucking bronco he makes :) 



There was a tragic moment here when the girls went off backwards.  You had to know that was going to happen!


She seems to have recovered :)




I couldn't have asked for a better picture than this!  What a cute family I have to deal with every day :)  I'LL DO IT!!

3 comments:

kimmers said...

I agree with Grandpa making everyone feel loved the most. He was so good at that!

Shelly said...

Oh Natalie, I am so sorry about your Grandpa, but such sweet memories about him! Your pictures of your cute family had me laughing...what do you mean you missed out on the Rodeo--looks like you had one in your backyard!!! :)

Tina said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Both of mine passed away while I was here in Texas and so I never got to say my final goodbyes and that about killed me. I'm glad you got the chance. Way to go with acting on your instinct to go to him.
What a wonderful family you have!!!
I love that last picture!!!