I decided for picture reasons that I should have two different entries for the two different things we did in Cali. While we were in California, we stayed at Newport Beach, which I HIGHLY recommend to anyone! The beach was absolutely amazing and warm, and awesome! We stayed about a block and a half off the beach, which was perfect. If we didn't want to deal with sand, there was a swimming pool and play ground right there. Awesome!!
The water? Not so warm? I guess anyone that knows that area says the water is always cold. I don't know the area, but Tyler's boss, Jaydee, very kindly borrowed Tyler two wet suits. This is Tyler off in the distance . . . in a wet suit. The girls and kids didn't need the suits . . . we braved the cold. We really didn't stay in the water half as long as the boys, though :)
I haven't boogie boarded in a really long time, so that was fun to remember how cool the ocean is.
The sand . . . not my favorite part. Good things this is Bryn's old suit that was ready for the trash anyway. It now is blueish brown (the brown being the sand that is permanently imbedded in the suit).
We buried Tyler first thing . . . first day at the beach. He got out.
I guess that Bryndee was buried at some point, too, but I didn't help. It makes sense that there was SO much sand . . . every inch of her was covered, hair and all. We had a great time at the beach. Good relax time for the moms . . . good fun times for the dads and kids :) I wish so much that I would have taken pictures of all the kite surfers. Every afternoon the wind kicked up pretty good and there were TONS of kite surfers up and down the beach. I've never seen it in real life (I don't count TV as real life :) so it was way cool to me. We got lots of seashells as reminders of our time there. It really was awesome! Newport Beach . . . success! Oh, and we TOTALLY saw dolphins. Three of them just out with the surfers, so way close to the beach. We watched them for awhile. It was amazing!



1 comments:
I am jealous!....I love the beach. My family goes to a beach house in San Diego every other year. And we are happy just living on the beach for a whole week.
Post a Comment