Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It's only 1/2 a Unisom!




LIVE BETTER!?!?!?!?  Oh boy . . . 

When I'm pregnant I get insomnia . . . as a lot of pregnant women probably do.  I take 1/2 a Unisom the first few months and that seems to help . . . after that, not much helps and I just get to cat nap when possible.  So over the weekend I started to have this dry kind of cough at night that had been keeping me awake.  I thought, "Gosh, this might be a good time to take that handy sleeping pill."  Wow.  Not a great idea.  I can't take ANY sleeping aids when I'm not pregnant, but for some reason this escaped me on Sunday night.

I'm not entirely sure how long the alarm had been going off on Monday morning before Tyler tried to rouse me.  I kind of remember the situation, but it's pretty darn foggy.  I stumbled out of bed and I'm sure just stood there waiting for nothing.  Tyler told me to get back into bed and I was in no shape to argue . . . let alone drive a car.  There was NO way I was making it to tennis.  I later to came to realize that I wouldn't be making much of anything all of Monday other than a sleeping pill induced haze on the couch.  I did go to lunch with my mom at some point, and I'm sure that my STIMULATING conversation will have her repeating the invite soon :)

I think that I was able to function at about 70% by 5ish Monday night.  Note to self, don't be dumb and take sleeping pills when not growing a fetus in my belly.  It was an experience I hope I don't soon forget for fear that I may repeat it.  Arg.  I'm not sure if I have learned that lesson before, but I'm pretty sure I have.  I haven't taken Nyquil (sp?) in years, and I guess I now know why I shy away from that particular cold remedy.  Oh, well.  Live and learn . . . again?

2 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, that is horrible. Good thing Tyler was there to help you out!!
Sleeping pills do nothing for me pregnant or not.
Sorry I didn't contact you while I was in Utah. I didn't even see your post until after I was home. It was a busy time with family and all.

Emily said...

So funny, I'm afraid of taking sleeping pills because I'm afraid I'll get like that!