Wow, lots has happened in the last seven days! Well, at least in Bailey's life!! Last Monday my little one FINALLY started to scoot forward! It was a relief for me because Bryndee was a little monster at this point in her life! We went to the doctors for her 9 month check up and all it well. I understand now why all other nine month old babies look HUGE next my little one. She is little. Only in the 25% for height. She will get there . . . I was a tiny baby, believe all 5'10'' of me or not. She didn't get out so easy on the head . . . poor girl, she's cursed from both sides. Only 25% in height and SEVENTY FIVE PERCENT in head. Hm.
So we only had to deal with one shot and a little toe poke at the doctors, but she didn't cry at ALL for those. It was, however, incredibly awful to get her little ears looked into. She screamed like he was trying to search her nasal cavity through her ear. Funny girl.
A couple of days later (Saturday, I think) the little stinker started to crawl? SERIOUSLY, right? Whatever, it's just a little more than I expected. I mean, they say that babies can move quickly from one thing to the next, but really, less than a week? She's quite mobile now and has started to REALLY notice that there are things above her that she would like to get her little hands on, so I'm sure she'll be pulling herself up on everything in no time.
Despite all of these things this week, I was put into that "Happy Mommy" place when she finally said MOMMA!!! That's right. ALL DAY yesterday that's what she said. SO CUTE! I'm glad that she's growing up, but wow, it's so fast.



2 comments:
What a sweetie. She's a fast learner...at this rate, she'll be sprinting a 5K by 18 months ;) jk That is fast though...I've never heard of scooting to crawling in less than seven days! Also, you only THINK your daughter has a big noggin! My kids are 90+ percentile...I blaim it all on dad's side though ;)
Watch out!! Here she comes! She's no longer your baby, she's now turning round that corner to being one and from there..... time sure flies doesn't it?
Yay for new stages.
Post a Comment