We've been having so many "firsts" in this house . . . some again for us, but the first time for Bailey, some for the first time for all of us. Just last week she started sitting (see previous post :) and holding her own bottle. And she now knows that she has toes, which she can grab and eat when needed!
But today was a different kind of first, sorry to say!
We found out today that Bailey can survive being dropped on her head by her sister off the bed. It was COMPLETELY traumatic for both girls. I'm a little glad to see that Bryndee was so concerned. She pretty much had a complete breakdown and I've never seen her be quite so remorseful as she was about Bailey. And really, I've never heard Bailey scream like that. I'm happy to report that everyone came out relatively unscathed, but very scared, startled, and very sad (mostly just Bryndee, Bailey was fine after crying on my shoulder for about two minutes). I guess it was really my fault, I asked Bryndee to make Bailey happy and then I turned and walked out of the room. And surely 30 seconds later we all heard the boom of Bailey hitting the floor. Poor Bryn (and Bailey, but I doubt this will be the only dive to the floor), but I think that she'll still like me, Tyler, and maybe even Bailey!! :( Sad moment in our house, but I guess that's the way we learn . . . Bryndee is still three and NOT a babysitter yet, and Bryndee now knows why we've told her the last six months that she can't pick up Bailey unless we are helping her. Oh . . . the pains of learning hard things!



0 comments:
Post a Comment