Saturday, April 26, 2008

King Sized Bed



When Tyler and I very first got married, the both of us all skinny, cute, and newlyweds, the thought of purchasing a king sized bed seemed . . . like a waste of space, I guess.  The cute queen sized bed was perfect for the two of us.  Several months later, we added Daisy who we adored, and still do . . . most days.  She was welcomed into our bed on most nights.  When we got her, I was about seven months pregnant with Bryndee and not sleeping anyway, so what was the difference, right?  When Bryndee was brought home, our bed seemed to get significantly smaller and now that we have Bailey . . . well, the thought of scoffing at a king sized bed when I was newly married, sad.  Really.  But when all five of us are crammed in one queen sized bed, Mom and Dad normally hugging the body next to us to keep from falling off the 3 inches we currently can call our own, it seems pretty perfect.  I really would love an upgrade, but to see cute bodies like this on my bed, I just love it.  I guess mostly because I love them.  And I'm so so glad that they come to our bed and want to hang out with a lame, old, mom and dad.  Some day I'm quite sure that I'll win the bed war, and we will upgrade to the much anticipated king sized bed, but until then, I'll take the extra tight snuggles!!

1 comments:

Tina said...

I totally agree with the whole King Size Bed needing to be our next upgrade!!
Saturday and Sunday mornings are quite interesting to say the least. We finally all get frustrated and get up. Hmmmm, maybe we should keep the small bed or we would never get up!
By the way... I love your blog layout and background. So cute. What website did you use?