I can't believe that my baby boy is one year old already! Where in the world has the time gone? Nursing to bottles, endless diaper changes, binkie hunts . . . I suppose I can think of a way or two that the time may have slipped away. He's so big and so cute!
These pics were at two weeks. He was the cutest little tiny boy I had ever seen.
And now I have this rough and tumble boy who still takes time out for loves for his momma.


I don't think he could get any more manly or handsome!
What's he up to, you ask? Well, he's still deciding whether or not he really would like to walk. He thinks about it often but then decides that crawling is still more efficient, which is true.
He waves like a mad man. At random, to random people and only when HE decides that he wants to. Never on demand, although I try all the time. And always to his favorite beings on this earth, his sisters.
He says "Hi mom," but it sounds more like "eye-mum." I understand and love it.
He has eight teeth. By far the most teeth this young for any of my children. Tonight I was digging a sucker stick out of his mouth and he bit me so hard he nearly drew blood. I still love him. The kid digs his candy, who can blame him?
He likes Daisy, but only when she's laying still and not licking or moving so he can torment her. Otherwise, he looks a little unnerved by the huge animal.
He LOVES food. I thought that no one could ever understand how much I love food, but this kid outshines me by leaps and bounds. I promise you that when he is eating and the food runs out, he is on the floor screaming. Well, really that only happens 9 out of 10 times. Sometimes he realizes it's okay to be done.
He loves to throw things. I attribute it to his being a boy, and that we so encourage him to throw any ball he picks up. I suppose that everything he can pick up, he feels deserves to be thrown.
He thinks his sisters are the bees knees. He loves them. He loves to be toted around by Bryndee, which I personally don't love. He loves to be pampered and loved by them. He loves them. He's more excited to see them than to see Tyler or myself. It hurts my pride only minutely because he's so cute with them.
He has this thing that we call a snuggly, named Jack. It's a tiny blanket thing with half a stuffed animal on it. I could never understand why you would buy a baby something like that, but now I totally get it. He loves that thing. I was at Target the other day and noticed that he didn't like any of the other snugglies I showed to him. He's partial to Jack (and that's terrifying . . . what if something happens to Jack?! I can't think about it).
Oh, I love my boy. He's the coolest thing in the world. The girls don't really count in comparison because I think they are also God's gift. Literally. God's gift to me.
Ahhhh, how fast time flies when you're having fun!!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Then and Now
Posted by The Wacky Wilkins at 10:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a little stud he is! Oh my goodness he is cute and that newborn picture, the very 1st one, so precious!!! Isn't so sad how fast they grow up :(
Oh wow!!! You haven't posted pictures in such a long time so it shocked me like no other to know that he's one already and also how handsome and grown up he is. I think he looks like Bryndee! Do you get that a lot! Wow! You are one lucky momma!!!!
Post a Comment