Spring in the Wilkins household means celebration. Boston's, mine, Tyler's and Bryndee's birthdays. Then throw Mother's Day, Valentine's Day, and an anniversary in there somewhere, and you have a good idea how our February, April and May are spent :) Party, party, party :)
This year we decided to have Bryndee's birthday party at the Discovery Park. As many of you know, I loathe this particular park. It's SO hard to keep track of little ones when there are 5000 tiny places they can hide. It's not my fav. But for a party, it's great!
Tyler is the grand master of all things children entertainment! I'm amazed over and over and over at how creative and Jonny-on-the-spot he is. He kept the kids going and going until the pizza arrived and they could hang out and eat!
Bryndee was SO amazed that the store had a cake that said "Happy Birthday Bryndee" just waiting there for her! I forgot to take pics of the pavillion, but Tyler didn't disappoint her one bit in any way. Before she and I left for the park she said "Mom, all I want is a pink party." All I thought was "Well, the would have been useful info YESTERDAY!" But Tyler totally read her mind and had all pink balloons and pink party paraphernalia. He's amazing! It must be his oh-so-mature age of 29!
My dad was so put out by all the partying that he crashed in "Archie's Chair" (aka Tyler's recliner). He was SO not amused by my taking this picture and threatened me if I posted it on here. All I can say is . . . Dad, you snooze, you lose! Ha ha ha ha!!!
Spring time celebrations are sure fun, but I'm glad that it's over for the year. I broke thirty *cough, cough*, Tyler hit the eternal age of 29, and Bryndee's a big six year old girl now. I think we've all made it through very well, and perhaps better because of it. Bring on the summer time fun!!!! Woot!



2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe it has been six years. Happy birthday, Bryndee!
And what a cute little six year old she is!!
The party looked like fun and that is wonderful that Tyler is so good with games, decorating and entertaining. What a great dad. I'm glad your spring has been busy but fabulous!
Post a Comment