Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Who are these kind of people, anyway?!

So I've been searching for a new blog background website.  I do love The Cutest Blog On The Block . . . but really, who doesn't, and who doesn't get their backgrounds from there?  WELL, I have found a new website!!  I'm super excited!  It's simplychicblogs.blogspot.com.  I was so scared to use one of thier backgrounds b/c you have to go into "Edit HTML", which on Pyzam means you get EVERYTHING deleted except your posts, but it totally worked.  And this same girl has ANOTHER blog that she does baby stuff on.  She has time to do all this?!  Well, I'm glad that she does, and she's having a giveaway for a cute tote.  If you'd like to pop on over it's at this site.  


How in the world does one person have time to do all of this, and where can I take lessons?

One more plea from Natalie.  With Valentine's Day coming up . . . I have no good ideas for fun things.  I tried to copy my friend last year with a "Red and White Dinner" . . . it was monumentally disasterous, not just the dinner, but the whole night.  It's not to be discussed.  So if you great gals out there have good plans, please share.  My family deserves better than what my non-creative little mind can come up with :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Love your new blog layout! Don't ask me about Valentines, I'm terrible at making holidays any fun (meaning, I usually don't even try. I should make a better effort). Good luck though!

Tina said...

I've done a mystery dinner before. You have three options, ie: spaghetti, pizza or mac and cheese and label it on the menu 1,2 and 3. Your guests don't know what each number represents and so if they write down number 3 on their menu, they get mac and cheese. Do it with your utensils too. #1: chopsticks, #2: a spatula #3: a knife (something silly). Once again, your guests don't know what they will be getting with the number they choose. (eating mac and cheese with chopsticks would be pretty hard)It is so silly and the combinations that they come up with will make you giggle and laugh all night long. Do it with dessert too. It is sooooo much fun. Bryndee will get a kick out of it or whomever you have over that night. Let me know if you need any more details. Making the menus was fun too. I would label them, "Cupid's Diner", "Love is in the Air", etc. Be creative. Good luck!!