Sunday, November 11, 2012

Stake Conference!! Who's excited?!

So we had Stake Conference today.  We pretty much won the lottery!  Moved in last weekend . . . this weekend:

ELDER BEDNAR!!!  It was so good.  Of course.  Tyler and Bryndee went an hour early to get 'good seats' and I took Bailey and Boston up to my mom's for her to watch/take to her ward, so we could listen.  Rude, I know.  Anyhoo, an hour early got us seats literally on the last row in the back corner of the gym!!  I guess the chapel was full before 8 am.  No chance of us getting soft seats :)  Oh, well.  It was amazing just to be in the same room, right?  They called on random people in the congregation to bear testimony and WOW I can't even imagine being asked to do that in front of an apostle!  Anyway, two of the people asked to testify was a couple leaving on a mission in a month.  When Elder Bednar started speaking he gave them personal counsel.  Good grief!  It was cool.  So he spoke for an entire hour and gave so much great direction.  And lots of good one line messages.  I wrote a few down that I wanted to remember:

*We need to have faith that we CAN be healed . . . not that we WILL be healed.
*Sometimes we can't be healed until we have the faith to not be healed.
*Living the Gospel isn't what's hard . . . not living the Gospel is what's hard.
*Not shrinking is more important than surviving.

 Something great he talked about was that Jesus Christ spent his ministry finding and teaching individuals.  Not in Stake Conferences, not in leadership trainings, but finding the one.  The one that needs the message that He carried.  And He spent the time they needed.  It was super applicable.

He also talked about how the scriptures foretold the church coming from darkness and obscurity.  We are now out of darkness and obscurity and now we're in the 'Mormon Moment' but he said that we would never go back.  And the heat associated with being in the light won't go away, either.  Very interesting!

He said lots of other really great things, but these are the things that I felt obtained to me the most.  It was such a great morning!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Thank you SO much for writing this! Due to family issues, I was unable to attend and really wanted a summary of what was talked about. I was REALLY disappointed I couldn't go.

Natalie said...

I love Elder Bednar! He was the president at Ricks when I went there. I got to shake hands and chat with him a couple of times. Congrats on the house Nat! C'est bien bien bien!!!