Thursday, November 1, 2012

Happy Halllllloweeeeeeen!!


Truth be told, I'm a TOTAL Halloween humbug.  I hate this holiday.  The only good thing about it is the sugary treats I get to steal from my children when they aren't looking.  I don't ever dress up.  I barely get my little ones and my better half (that, friends, would be Tyler Wilkins.  SOO my better half) a costume in time for the festivities to begin.  But this year, I was seriously on my game!  WOOT. 

My Grandma Stone (who we are living with currently) has all these super great wigs.  So Tyler and I brought some out and played in celebration of Halloween.  Oh, and just so you know, if you tape your nose up like pig-ish, it completely changes your face.  And, in case you ever wondered, I have a great nose.  There's like, almost no cartilage in my nose, so just a piece of tape, and I'm Miss Piggy's new step sister.  Oh, seriously. 




Oh, so the point of all this, I got Halloween costumes almost a month ago.  Thank you Little Adventures  warehouse sale!!  Princess dresses, a whopping seven bucks.  Super Hero stuff, an amazing five dolla!  I KNOW!!!!  I was ALMOST excited for Halloween (until the teeny bopper hookers took to the streets and then I remembered why I loathe this particular holiday . . . Who was it that said 'Thank you, Halloween, for showing us that every profession has a slutty side...' or something of that nature.  Honestly).



Bailey had a little preschool Halloween program, AND, as opposed to last year, she totally sang and did stuff!!  This is her with her BFF in class, Colbie...and I'm not sure who the little girl on the end is, but she's awfully cute, too :)



So, all in all, Halloween was a success.  Boston is now officially fighting croup, but what would winter in the Wilkins household be without illness present every moment!  There is candy galore, and now, thanks to an exhausting emotional topsy turvy day, we have lemon merange pie sitting around.  Oh, that picture right above . . . it's me and Tyler.  He's hot no matter what.  As for Miss Piggy's sister, I'm not so sure!

1 comments:

Angie said...

Where have those wigs been my whole life? Grandma probably hid them away so they didn't get destroyed!

You would love Halloween here. Trick or treat is scheduled for the Thursday before Halloween (because the city where the University is has a HUGE Halloween party (I'm talking 30,000 people huge) the weekend before/of Halloween). And trick or treating is only an hour long. People sit on their lawn chairs in their yard to hand out (tons of) candy and in an hour it is over and done and everyone goes home (or to the community center party). It is awesome. And I haven't noticed many skanky costumes around here. Must be a Utah girl thing since it is the only day they can get away with it without their parents going crazy on them.

PS-glad you got your house!