Tuesday nights t-ball games were . . . cold and windy. Since I supervise the league, I go to the fields about 30 minutes before the games start so that I can get all the equipment out, etc. You had to know that Tuesday would be the worst weather . . . we had team pictures :) The first games called their own endings, about one inning (15 minutes) after starting. It was COLD and WINDY! So much so that the Machine Pitch games ended up being Coach Pitch games! Thankfully, Bryndee's game was last and the wind had let up just a little bit. So, with the cold, the wind, and the lateness, the kids were less than enthusiastic about playing. Mostly, the parents yelled at their own little ones from the sidelines to pay attention and they kind of cried or just ignored it all. So when Bryndee was out in the field, needing to be ready to catch the ball, she was somewhere in the north 40 and not paying attention one bit . . . at least until the ball thumped her in the gut. I have to admit that I laughed (a four year old had hit the ball) but she pretty much thought that the world had come to an end. It did leave a nice little red mark for about, oh, I'd say at least 20 minutes. Oh, the fun and the learning experiences for us all.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
T-Ball Near-Tragedy
One more thing about Tuesdays night. After we got home from our super fun game (the game started at 7 and we were home before 8, including clean up at all six fields) and were about to start relaxing THE call came in. You are all familiar with the one. You know, from the STAKE PRESIDENTS OFFICE!! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! So tonight after t-ball, we get to see what new fun calling Tyler is headed for. He's been really lucky in this ward up until now. He's been a Home Teaching Supervisor. So, T minus 4 1/2 hours until we have the expected news :) I'll keep you in the loop . . .
OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH BOY!!! Shayleen, it would be weird if you were in our ward and didn't sustain Tyler. AWKWARD!! Ha ha ha!! Just kidding. Well . . . anyhoo, I suppose that I should have not laughed nearly as much as I did at the though of the new calling. Tyler was put in as the 1st counselor of the bishopric. FUN, HU?? I'd say. I didn't quite expect for him to get a calling that involved me quite as much, but I'll take it :) I really am grateful, though, and the bishop and 2nd counselor are fantastic. What a new ride we'll be on . . .
Posted by The Wacky Wilkins at 3:49 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Poor Bryndee...that doesn't sound like a fun game. Too bad no relaxation came after it.
As for Tyler's possible new calling...don't worry, I won't sustain him...he's safe ;)
Love Shayleen's comment! Ha ha! She should go in and tell the Bishop some awful rumor about him as well.. then he will for sure be safe!! So funny! Poor Bryn! I'm glad she survived! Thanks for coming to play today! Super fun!
Post a Comment