Thursday, July 5, 2012

What a great day!



One of the big reality checks for my age in my life is my kiddos.  I cannot cannot cannot believe that Bryndee is 8.  I mean, she turned 8 in May, so you think that I would be a little more prepared for her baptism.  Wrong.  AND, another thing about me, I hate hate hate hate hate to cry.  I just hate it.  It's cute and all when other people get emotional, but I don't appreciate it.  However, that being said, after three lovely children, I cry.  Like, way more than I would like to.  Hmph.  So when I took my daughter shopping for her gorgeous dress I was completely not expecting the tear fest I would experience in the middle of the store when she walked out of the dressing room dressed in white (let THAT serve as a warning to you, all mom's who are soon to be in my shoes!!).



Oh, she is a beautiful girl.  Well, all my children are just SPECTACULAR (ha!) but this was Bryndee's day.  Can you tell they were all excited for the day ahead?  Oh.  My.  Heart melting.


The only real drama for the day happened when our amazing HOA double booked our clubhouse for the exact same time.  I showed up with all our friends and family to a full decked out Star Wars clubhouse set up for a five year olds birthday party.  Good thing it turned out to be our friends and we worked it out.  Oh, there's just gotta be something, doesn't there?

I just have to note, I was totally fine during the baptism.  Totally held it together.  I know, right?!  Go me!!!  But seeing my daughter receive the gift of the Holy Ghost was again something I was absolutely not expecting.  It was one of the most spiritual experiences of my life.  For sure a moment of new understanding of my role in her life.  I was not her first parent, and at the end of the day, I'm just lucky to have her for now.  She is better than me in her little life already, and that's all I've ever wanted.  I'm so grateful for her choice to be baptized.  This was not something we took lightly, nor did she.  She is amazing, and I am so lucky to have her.

4 comments:

Darren Johnson said...

That's a beut of a family! Sure wish we could have been there.

Tina said...

She is just beautiful Nat!! I love her dress and I loved this post! How sweet and what a wonderful day!!

A Lark said...

YOU are an amazing mom - and she is beautiful! Thanks for sharing - I think many people feel like you do about crying - go you!

Shelly said...

Natalie you are such a cute mom! Bryndee looks beautiful in her dress! I know its crazy we have these little ones all grown up and baptized!!! CRAZY! Congratulations to her and to you guys though! What a happy day!