Monday, February 28, 2011

The 30 Day Challenge


In our ward conference sometime earlier this month (or maybe it was in January...I really can't keep track of things like that) our stake president issued a challenge to our ward to read the Book of Mormon in thirty days. I felt like since I wasn't able to attend ward conference that this particular challenge didn't apply to me. Well, I've been feeling like perhaps as a member of the ward it probably did apply to me and I should take it seriously. Like, seriously do it. If you know anything about me, you'll know that I'm addicted to (among other things) reading. I love to read. Love it, love it, love it, love it. LOVE reading! I really love it :) So anyway, reading SIXTEEN pages of the Book of Mormon a day seems daunting, but it really shouldn't. I've been known to read an entire novel in one day because I get so obsessed, so what's sixteen pages of scriptures? It should be nothing.

I just wanted to document that March 1, 2011 starts my thirty day challenge. Sheesh, I didn't read the Book of Mormon this fast on my mission, so this should be cool, right? Right. Wish me luck, and feel free to join me :)

2 comments:

Tina said...

How exciting! Can't wait to hear the results. I really wanted to read the BOM before my babies get here and I guess being on bed rest is the best time to do it!! I'll see what I can do to join you in this quest but I'm already in Omni so... it doesn't really count does it? Good Luck!!!

Jenn said...

Good luck! Jan and I have done it a few times and it's great! I have a chart that helps you to know what chapter you should be on each day. I'll email it to you, in case you haven't seen it.

And, WE MISS YOU! Last Sunday we were in ward conference in our building, and I so wanted to run into the chapel and come see you and your kiddies. I'm so glad we will be there next week!