Today is my nephew, Garrett's, birthday. So yesterday we went up with my sister's family to Deer Creek Reservoir to have a BBQ and play in the lake to celebrate. We thought it would be a great outing for Daisy as well, seeing as how she's mostly stuck at home these long hot days. So we all piled in the car and drove the 30 some odd minutes to the lake to play. As we pulled in there were MANY signs about dogs not being allowed because Deer Creek is culinary water or something. Really? We'll let boats and people and wildlife into this place and not dogs because they aren't sanitary enough? Whatever, I don't make the rules. But after the fourth sign explaining very clearly that no dogs were allowed . . . signs that said "NO DOGS! NO DOGS!! NO!!" and "ABSOLUTELY NO DOGS ALLOWED", we couldn't really use ignorance as our excuse of trespassing with our animal. After about fifteen minutes of deliberation we decided that we would just stay for a couple of minutes, let the kids (okay, and dog) out to play, and then we would head home. Well . . . we stayed a little longer than we intended (please don't sue me, we'll remember for next time!). But I COMPLETELY forgot my camera, of course!!! I have to say, we totally had fun. And if we had to do it again, I would still let Daisy out of the car. She freaked out when she saw the water. She had to get in. It was adorable. We still made it home in time for me to go teach my class, and I felt great amidst the hot dog I chose to eat, against my better pregnant instincts!
Here are some pics that I've snapped recently and haven't gotten off my camera until now :)
What can I say? Bailey's following in mommy's footstep . . . or just her shoes :)
A week or so ago, I came home from teaching my class to find this. Three tired little indians asleep together on the couch. I only carried two of them to bed . . . Bryndee was on her own :) So cute!
Bailey LOVES sunglasses. Her cousin, Gracie, left these glasses at our house and Bailey has taken full advantage of wearing them every chance she gets. What a ham, she is!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment