Thursday, May 7, 2009

I love being a mom

This last week has been an interesting one.  The girls were sick a week or two back . . . my sister and her 3 kiddies were also sick, my dad, most of my friends . . . you get the gist.  I felt very lucky to have somehow been spared the nasty flu (I believe it NOT to be Swine Flu . . . tee hee hee) virus that has been plaguing everyone I know.  But it was just not to be.  Monday I was quite stuffy, I thought due to allergies.  By Tuesday afternoon I knew things just weren't right (and poor Tyler . . . it was his birthday!).  It's been three days now and I know why people die of the flu.  It sucks.  It hurts.  And let me tell you, I am one whiny, pitiful, EMOTIONAL sick girl.  I called my mom in tears, of course, who else do you call when you don't feel good?  She had the perfect amount of pity and love for me like any good mom :)  Thanks Mom!!  Anyhoo, my poor family has had to deal with a sick/grouchy mom for the last several days.  I'm kind of on the scale of orneriness that a momma bear startled from hibernation by a human would be.  Grumpy, people, I'm really grumpy when I'm sick.  So what's all this about, you ask?  I had to take a moment today and reflect on the reasons that, although sick and tired, I still adore my babies.


*I love it when little ones snuggle you extra tight and long b/c they want to delay going to bed.
*I love it that amidst the many hundreds of square feet in our house, under my feet is 100% of the time the best place to be (and that fact includes the dog).
*I love it that babies gravitate toward Mom and love her almost always.
*I love it that my little ones love to sit on the couch and be read to for as long as I'm willing (which is never long enough).
*I love it that I could spend 10 minutes cleaning but have the house in the same state of toys at the end of the day as it would be if I spent 3 1/2 hours cleaning.
*I love Bryndee's prayers.  She's honest and to the point . . . and she thinks to bless people I would forget.
*I love it that my babies have more inner strength and determination than I ever will . . . and they'll need it!!

Oh, how I love to be a mom.  Even when I'm the wicked witch of the west, I have to stop occasionally and be awe struck with them.  They are beautiful.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I am so sorry you are sick. I feel your pain. That same thing got me last week and I was so sick for over a week (plus all the kids had it). I hope you get feeling better. Do you still need a princess cake? If you need one but are to sick to get out just let me know and I can totally take care of it.

Somer said...

Hi Cute Natalie!!! You are the cutest Mommy EVER! I love love love your posts! Your girls are gorgeous! Want to come to AZ and visit??? I know how lame it was that I didn't even see you while we were there! I'm SO SORRY! If you want to bring your cute girls up... we can swim every day and party like there's no tomorrow!!!!